Thursday, March 19, 2009

NIFTY GIFTY...
It's practically a law: whenever I make something I really, really like, the camera won't do it justice.

No idea what I was on when I designed this one - I'm sure there's a reason for it being threaded on ribbon, I'm just not completely sure what that reason might be. I think it had something to do with the large-diameter holes in the African magazine beads I'd originally planned on using. This is the way my mind works. Or not.

The centrepiece is a rectangular sardonyx; this and its siblings cost more than I've ever paid for a string of beads before. Still, it would've felt wrong to have wasted my birthday money on something I didn't love.

It's a beautiful stone, but I swear the thing I like most about this one is the way the knots in the ribbon act as spacers.


No comments: