Friday, March 06, 2009

ALL IN THE WRIST ACTION...
I love making bracelets. They're little bite-sized pieces of beading heaven, a safe place to investigate colours and textures without worrying about putting in hours of work on something that might turn out ugly or too heavy for the thread.

Better still, if I make three or four in a day they hang on the stand in a very satisfying sort of way. You've been productive, Sarah, they tell me, and I believe them and treat myself to a bit of chocolate as a reward.


Anyhow, clockwise from top left:
  1. Wood rounds and tree agate chips - very naturalistic and a bit oriental.
  2. Garnet chips with garnet leaf and lamp glass centrepiece - terribly, terribly sophisticated.
  3. Wood rounds, glass rounds, moonstone oval - I liked this one so much I made two.
  4. Small and large haematite rounds - some say funereal, I say a classic. You choose.
Damn, I'm looking forward to making more of these.

No comments: